Ann Foley Holistic Therapies*
Dedicated to your physical and emotional wellbeing - based in Brixworth, Northamptonshire
All you need to know about booking an appointment
It’s great to be able to work again, although to keep everyone safe I will have to follow procedures set out by my insurance and governing body, the Federation of Holistic Therapists.
This document outlines the changes that I need to make. From now on the following procedures will be followed:
1. Each client will complete a new consultation form before their appointment
2. 24 hours before your appointment I will send you a Covid-19 questionnaire. This is based around how you are feeling and if you have had contact within 14 days with any other person with covid-19 symptoms. If you can not complete the form online, let me know and we'll do it over the 'phone.
3. If you are clinically extremely vulnerable and shielding please do not make an appointment until your medical team advises that it is safe to do so.
4. Please rearrange your appointment if you have been contacted by the NHS Test and Trace service and told to self-isolate.
5. Please rearrange your appointment if you have a temperature or any other symptoms of Covid-19 on the morning of the appointment.
6. I will be monitoring my own health and taking my temperature every day. I will be deferring treatments if I have any symptoms of Covid-19 or any other illness
7. I will be wearing a plastic face visor and a face mask.
8. I may be wearing disposable gloves. I have worn gloves before when my hands have had eczema or cuts, and clients have been unaware of them.
9. I will take your temperature with a non-contact thermometer. If you have a temperature over 38c or above, your appointment will be rearranged for another day. It may be worth while taking your base rate temperature for a couple of days before your appointment, normal body temperature is between 36.5c & 37.2c.
If your temperature is reading as normal but you are feeling shivery or sweating (when you wouldn’t expect to be) or your chest or back is feeling hotter than usual, you should ring and rearrange your appointment
10. You will be required to wear a face mask or covering, please bring one with you or I can supply a disposable one for £1. If you are having reflexology you will need to wear the mask/face covering throughout your treatment. If you are having massage, the mask can be removed whilst you are lying face down.
11. When you arrive for your appointment you will be asked to wash or sanitise your hands as soon as you come into the cabin. I now have disposable paper towels for hand drying and a sensor soap dispenser.
12. You will be asked to sit directly on the massage couch, I will give you a container to put your clothes and belongings in. This will be sanitised between each client. Please only bring what you need for the appointment.
13. To control the environment, I will be providing all linens, please do not bring your own.
14. Where possible, if you have been at work or mixing with groups of people, I am asking that you have a shower and change your clothes before coming for your appointment. I will be changing my work clothes between each client.
15. It is necessary for me to restrict treatment times to 45 mins (£41).
16. I will be adapting massage and will be working the neck and shoulders whilst the client is side laying, this is a really comfortable and accessible way to treat the neck and shoulders.
17. Payment. This can be via bank transfer, contactless card payment or cash. If you are paying by cash, please bring the correct amount in an envelope
18. Please note that while many treatments involve close contact, I will be observing social distancing measures wherever possible. This might include, for example, maintaining an appropriate distance during the consultation process, and when you arrive and leave. If the weather is nice, we can sit outside and have our usual chat and make your next appointment, otherwise I will open the cabin door when you are dressed.
19. Please bring a bottle of water with you.
20. Unfortunately, unless you are under 16, I cannot allow an additional person to wait in the cabin whilst you are having your appointment.
21. After each client I will be changing all linens and my clothes (which will them be washed at 60c), sanitising the treatment couch, bathroom, door and gate handles and the container for clothing, and washing/steaming the floor. The cabin will also be thoroughly aired between clients.
22. If a treatment is cancelled or deferred at short notice because you have COVID-19 or have symptoms of COVID-19, any standard cancellation fees will be waivered. I am asking that clients kindly confirm in writing that their appointment has been cancelled or deferred because they have COVID-19 or symptoms of COVID-19.
23. A NHS QR code is now displayed for clients to scan themselves in via the NHS Test and Trace App
And that is it (I think), your treatment will be as relaxing and rejuvenating as normal and I look forward to seeing you soon.